Sky Go Explained
Sky Go is an online television service launched by Sky. This service allows you to watch live and on-demand TV while active or hustling on a number of different compatible devices. You can enjoy 40 or more channels depending on the channels you can access on your Sky package. This service is accessible to the existing Sky Go customers without paying any extra charges to your usual monthly subscription; nevertheless, in case you’re not a present Sky client then you can go for a Sky Go Monthly Ticket which permits you to watch Sky TV by means of Sky Go without standard Sky TV membership at the beginning every month.
Sky Go is viewable on devices like Mac, Windows PC, Smartphone, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Playstation 4 as long as you have an on-the-go 3G, Wi-Fi or broadband connection wherever you are and whenever you want.
Read Also: Sky Multiscreen – Its Benefits & Cost?
Following is a step-by step guide on how to watch Sky Go on your personal computers or laptops, whether its a window or Mac based.
On a desktop or tablet Sky Go is ready for use through a web browser. So just simply visit www.skygo.com. Most web browsers are compatible including Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer.
Important Note: Sky limits you to singing in on an utmost of two gadgets (devices) at any one time. One laptop or pc and one tablet.
Sign in using your Sky ID. In case you don’t have a Sky ID then you can sign up to create one on the website.
Read Also: Sky Cancellation Number
The best way to use Sky Go is by installing Microsoft Silverlight. If you don’t have it you will need to install it.
Once you’ve signed in you can watch live TV to your heart’s essence. The least demanding way is by means of the TV Guide which lives up to expectations just like it would work on an ordinary TV. Here you get a picture-in-picture, still you can likewise watch by means of a pop-out window or full-screen.
Read Also: How To Setup Sky+ HD Box?
How do I Set Up Sky GO on my device?
Following is a step-by step guide for setting up Sky Go on different devices:
- Sky Go on Pc/Mac Laptop:
- Visit the official Sky Go Website through your web browser.
- Log in with your Sky ID in order to start watching Sky Go.
- The moment you are signed in through your device. You can start watching your favorite programs using Sky Go.
2. Sky Go on iPad/iPhone:
- You can download the free Sky Go app by using iTunes store.
- Now, Log in using your Sky ID to use Sky Go. If you don’t have an ID you can sign in to create one.
- Once you are done with the above mentioned formality you are then ready to use Sky Go for watching your favorite programmes.
Calls cost 0.07 per minute plus your providers access charge. You must be at least 18 years of age and be the bill payer or have the bill payers permission to use this service.
3. Sky Go on Android Smartphone/Tablets
- By using Google Play Store you can download the free Sky Go app.
- Login by using your Sky ID and start watching programmes using Sky Go.
Sky Go features at Glance
- You can watch live TV directly from a host of Sky Channels by using your web browser.
- Watch your favorite programmes by using On-Demand service.
- You can upgrade your Sky Go to Sky Go Extra and to avail the opportunity of downloading your On Demand programmes in order to watch them later on your desktop or Laptop by using Sky Desktop application.
- You can connect Sky Go application via 3G, Wi-Fi or broadband.
- This app is free for all Sky TV Customers.
- You can also select Channels to watch from your present Sky TV package.
Read Also: How To Set Up Sky Go app on Xbox 360?
How Do I Register A New Device On Sky Go?
Sky Go registration is automatic. When you login to your account and play the content on Sky Go, It will register to your account automatically. You can register up to 3 devices to watch the Sky Go. You can replace one device with another device once every 30 days.
What Devices Can I Watch On Sky Go?
Sky Go app supports two devices (phone or tablet, Windows or Mac). Updating to Sky Go Extra (£5 a month) upgrades that limit to the four devices and you can watch TV on your PS3 or PS4 and Xbox One. It also allows you to download shows to your mobile and watch these shows when you are offline.
Is Sky Go Free?
Sky Go is an online streaming service that permits you to watch Sky no matter where you are. It means you can stream Sky on any compatible devices such as PC, laptop, Mac, tablet, iPhone or smartphone. Sky Go is free for the Sky customers. You can stream Sky Go on up to two devices such as computers, mobiles, and tablets. You just require to register them on Sky.
Read Also: How To Change My Sky Bill Payment Date?
Can You Watch All Channels On Sky Go?
With the new channels, Sky becomes one of the biggest on-demand offerings as compared to other providers. With Virgin TV Anywhere and Virgin Media’s Sky Go Equivalent, you can watch more than 80 channels live as they are broadcast and many of those channels added to Sky Go.
Can You Watch Sky Go On TV?
Using Sky Go you can watch Sky TV on your mobile, tablet, computer or laptop. Even you can watch Sky shows and programmes on demand on your mobile, tablet, computer or laptop. If you upgrade to Sky Go Extra, you can also download these shows and programmes and watch later on your compatible devices.
Call the Sky customer service department on their helpline number 0844 385 1222. The well trained professional team will help you with all your queries related to Sky Go services.
How To Program Your Sky Remote With Your Sky Box Or Sky TV? Step By Step (Instruct-O-Graphic)
Moving Home Broadband With The Minimum Of Fuss
How To Manage Registered Devices On Sky Go App?
How To Watch Sky Movies And Sky Sports Using Virgin Media?
How To Update Sky HD Box Software?
How To Perk Up Your Sky On-Demand Downloads?
How To Manage Your Sky+ Recording?
Fix Sky Viewing Card Problem